Sabre Youth Hockey Program
Sabre Hockey: Rocket’s Home League
The Sabre Hockey Association is one of the largest and most recognized youth hockey associations in Chicagoland and the Midwest for boys and girls hockey. Rocket Ice Skating Rink is proud to be the home of Sabre Hockey. Since its inception in Naperville over 40 years ago, the Sabre Hockey Program has been responsible for teaching strong leadership and outstanding values to youth hockey players and families alike.
Boys and Girls Hockey Teams
Sabre hockey teams are broken down by age group that begins with Mite Teams. After Mite teams the progression is as follows: Squirts, PeeWees, Bantams and up through Midgets. Sabre’s girls hockey teams include: 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 19U. Both the boys and girls hockey programs are highly accomplished. A great way to see and learn more about the Sabre Youth Hockey Association is to watch this short recap video of their season.
Girls Hockey Teams’ Accomplishments
- 2016 – 10U South West Spring League 2nd Place
- 2015-2016 – 19U USA Hockey National Championships Quarter-Finalists
- 2015-2016 – 19U State Champions
- 2015-16 – 10U 3rd Place Illinois State Hockey Championships
- 2015-16 – 10U NIHL Wolves Cup 2nd Place
- More Accomplishments for Sabre’s Girls Hockey can be found at https://sabregirlshockey.com/our-accomplishments/
Boys Youth Hockey Teams’ Accomplishments
- Pee Wee A3 - 2016 Tier II Pee Wee B State Champions
- 2016 South West Spring League Champions
- Pee Wee A1
- Pee Wee A2
- Pee Wee A5
- Bantam A4
- 2015 Pee Wee Minor Inaugural USA v. Canada for Wounded Warrior Project tournament Champions
- Gold Mite 2 - Rocket Ice Arena 2015 Thanksgiving Tournament Champions
- Bantam Minor - 2015 Spring Meltdown Champions
- More Accomplishments can be found on the Sabre Hockey Association Facebook Page
Steps To Become a Sabre Hockey Player:
In order to get involved in the Sabre Hockey program it is important for a youth hockey player to take a few Learn to Play Hockey Lessons. This will allow them to receive a solid background in ice skating and hockey. The Rocket Ice Skating Rink Learn to Play Hockey program offers excellent class options for children who want to become a Sabre hockey player.
- A typical youth hockey player’s journey starts at Rocket Ice Skating Rink, in either Li’l Rockets or Rocket Hockey Level 1 class. In these classes players receive a top-notch background in ice skating, the most important skill for a successful start in hockey.
- After completing Li’l Rockets or Level 1, players move into Level 2 where hockey stick handling skills are introduced. Level 2 students then move on to Level 3 which introduces the concept of teamwork on the ice.
- From Level 3 students can move into either the boys or girls hockey program for a Sabre Youth Hockey Team. Players also have the option to advance into the Rocket Ice Level 4 program which emphasizes skating, stick handling, passing, shooting, scrimmages and team concepts.
- After completion of the Rocket Ice Learn to Play Hockey program youth hockey players will have all the necessary skills for a successful transition into either the boys or girls hockey program at the Sabre Hockey Association.
Rocket Ice is dedicated to the proper development of young hockey players, if you have any questions or would like to learn more we are happy to help! Please feel free to contact us at 630-679-1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org