Synthetic Ice Hockey Training Surface
The Synthetic Ice Hockey Training Surface is perfect for hockey training of all types. It is just like skating on ice except there is about 30% more resistance. It is great for:
- Shooting instruction & practice
- Passing instruction & practice
- Stick handling drills
- Form skating
- Goalie training
- Great for private lessons or groups up to 6 students
- Much more
- Correct body position & muscle memory - You are in your skates so that your body position and height are the same as they are on the ice. The muscle memory and body position you practice on the synthetic ice are the same as on the ice during a game.
- Evening and weekend availability - The synthetic ice at Rocket is available year round. During the busy fall and winter hockey season, it is available for lessons in the evenings and on the weekends when it is otherwise impossible to get on the ice.
- Classroom Environment – Private lesson coaches enjoy the synthetic ice because it is quiet and productive. Students can hear and pay attention to detailed instructions on how to improve without the noise and distractions that occur on the full ice rink.
Cost: $5.00 per student per half hour. Sign in and pay at the guest services desk before your session begins.
Coaches – No charge
- A coach must be with the student the entire time
- Full equipment & skates are required
- Coaches must wear skates and a helmet
The Synthetic Ice at Rocket is available Monday-Friday 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm; Saturday and Sundays 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Click on the button below to reserve your date and time in half hour increments. Payment is made when you arrive at the rink for your session. Please be sure to call 630-679-1700 or stop by the Guest Services desk if you have any other questions.
Need a Coach for a private Lesson?
Fill out the form below and we will match you up with one of our hockey coaches.